- No president of the United States was an only child for his parents.
- If you plug your nose you can't hum.
- Dalmatians are born without spots.
- The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'.
- In Spain, crossing you fingers has several good meanings, usually things such as "protection" or "good luck”.
- When in Spain, indicate you have finished eating by laying your knife and fork parallel on your plate, tines facing up, with the handles facing to the right.
- NEVER give a Chinese person a clock as a gift – this would be seen as a very sinister action as clocks are indicative of death and funerals.
- Scissors and knives also make bad gifts in China, as they represent the cutting off a friendship.
- In China the number 8 is considered lucky, while the number 4 is unlucky. Even in hotels, many will skip the "fourth" floor.
- When in China, do not eat all of your meal. If you eat all of your meal, the Chinese will assume you did not receive enough food and are still hungry.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Some more interesting facts..Posted by Sharath Chandra in: Interesting Facts
Some more interesting facts: