Do you know these amazing facts of English?
- Initial days, J and Q were not a part of the alphabet and were added only later.
- 'Oxyphenbutazone' is the highest scoring word in a game of scrabble (approx 1780 pts)
- 'Twyndyllyng' is the longest word in the English language without any vowels it means twins. In this case most common word is 'Rhythm' or 'Rhythms'
- The word 'abstemious' has all the vowels in the alphabetical order. Other such words include abstentious, aerious, arsenious and facetious.
- The only word in English that ends with the letters "-mt" is "dreamt" (which is a variant spelling of "dreamed") - as well of course as "undreamt")
- The English word alphabet comes (via Latin) from the names of the first two letters of the Greek alphabet: alpha and beta.
- The Oldest word in English Language is "Town" - You may have been thinking of more old word used in Old English which are now abandoned. But believe me this word is older than any other word in English.
- "SWIMS" and "NOON" are words that can be flipped backwards and upside down and be spelled the same way.
- "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" - You know this is a valid sentence. Read out here
And finally the best one is -
"I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting: nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunication' s incomprehensibleness."
Anything peculiar about this one? Look again?
Exactly - the above statement is exactly containing the continuous number of characters right from 1-20.
For more such interesting facts read here :
Please share this with your friends - because in knowledge
Sharing is Gaining
if any copyright content - please let us know we will remove immediately