In previous posts you have read about the instructions for Poland Work Permit and Visa process and before travelling to Krakow (Poland). Now here I am trying to explain what and all you have to do after reaching Poland - specially in Krakow, Poland.
- If you are reaching in Krakow during Oct-Mar period then you should wear all your Jackets/Gloves on your body - Of course if you are not shifting during winter also - if you wear them you can get more space in your luggage. Hope you got it.
- In Airport you can exchange the currency as Poland's currency is Zloty. Outside so many places you will see exchange counters named as 'Kantors'
- Outside Airport you will get the Airport Taxi and they are very good and they charge approx 25Euros to the City. (You can pay euros/dollars as well if you have multi-currency card)
- If you are non-vegetarian then you have a lot of options and no doubt you can try many varieties.
- If you are Vegetarian - then here some problem, mostly you have to restrict your food at home only. But a few restaurants offer only one option for Veggies (specially pizza restaurants).
- All over Krakow city is having many shopping malls, various super markets i.e. Tesco (British Market), Carrefour (French Market), IKEA (Furniture) Lewittan, Lidl, Castorama, Auchan (another French group), Fresh Markets - and if you are looking for Indian Spices you have to search among all these shops - mostly you will get but the most convineint option for Indian Spices is order online from - LittleIndia. You can order all the Indian items from their catalog at affordable prices / a bit higher on MRP.
- I think in european country they wont print any MRP on their products - so you will find a huge difference between each and every super markets' prices
- Install Google Translate and download Offline Dictionary for Polish to English. So wherever you can see polish word - just open this app and scan that word using app's camera it will translate English.
- Krakow has excellent Transport System entire city with both Tramlines and Buses. For the route options you have to install this app - This is the Best App for city transport.
- If your going by the tram for the first time - based on the app - it will show you how much ticket you have to buy for that distance - based on that keep the change handy - and board in the 'Auto Bilet' entrance (generally if you have opted the old trams then it will be the first part of the tram will be having this machine - all new trams you can board anywhere and go to AutoBilet machine and buy a ticket)
- If you already bought the ticket - punch immediately after boarding. The same ticket you can use for both Tram and Bus - but make sure that you entered the correct Zone. (Mostly entire city comes under Zone 1 unless you are planning to go outside city like zoo, artificial beach.etc). Taxi system also is an excellent and easy option to commute.
- Monthly Pass you can get in big bus stands like PowstancoWelipoliksh (Autobusowy) - First time they will ask for Passport and they will issue a card - generally 89zl (~21Euros) + 5zl for registration. In case if you want to renew - then you can do in any tram stations which has the machine.
Transfer Money To India:
- If you are planning to transfer money to abroad - then the best option for you to try is this way - register and save a huge amount when compare to Banks.
Banking for newbies:
- Most of the banks will be asking for address proof but a few banks did not ask any thing about address proof - and one among such banks are Millennium Bank
Will add more - keep visiting.
Please share with your friends, because in Knowledge
Sharing is Gaining